How to Join
Is the Key To
-- Concept Four
- 1. "Key to Harmony" is a closed email Al-Anon meeting whose members meet Al-Anon's only requirement for membership as stated in Tradition Three: "that there be a problem of alcoholism in a relative or friend".
- 2. We at "Key to Harmony" agree to respect the Group Conscience decision to keep the focus of our meetings on Al-Anon recovery, the solutions Al-Anon offers through the Steps, Traditions, Concepts, Warranties, Slogans and Literature, and the strength and hope we can find by sharing honestly from our own experiences in recovery.
- 3. Our group was founded by members who are committed to Al-Anon's principle of recovery through the practice of the 12 Steps, 12 Traditions, and the 12 Concepts. "Key to Harmony" grew out of a profound respect for Tradition Two, in particular: "For our group purpose there is but one authority -- a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern."
- 4. "Key to Harmony" is committed to allowing the group to participate in all matters affecting the group via regular Business Meetings, where each BizCom member is free to participate in discussion and vote, and has various opportunities for service within the group. Business Meetings are held through a separate email list from the KEYmail topic list. The Tech Team is available to explain the process of participating in these Business Meetings.
- 5. The Business Chairperson will announce actions and discussions of the Business Committee to the entire membership in a monthy report.
- 6. "Key to Harmony" is self-supporting through the voluntary contributions of its membership in accordance with Al-Anon's Seventh Tradition. The primary expenses for our group are the cost of list service, domain hosting, Public Outreach and the other services KEY offers its members. We liken this to the rent for meeting space at a face to face meeting. A Treasurer's Report is sent to the general membership monthly. Members only may send voluntary contributions, see the members page for information
- 7. We at "Key to Harmony" remain ever conscious of Tradition Twelve, which reminds us to place principles above personalities, and that anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, as well as our lives. Let us share with each other in respect and tolerance and let our interaction with each other be in the spirit of the Courtesy, Acceptance and Love which we have found and hope to mutually represent in Al-Anon.
- 8. This Group Conscience requests that all subscribers to our lists refrain from gossip, dominance, and discussion of religion, treatment centers, self-help programs, counseling and use or mention of material other than our Al-Anon Conference Approved Literature (CAL). At Key To Harmony we keep the focus on us and not on the alcoholic.